If you want to take care of your foosball table then a cover to your table could be a good idea.
Why should you use a foosball table cover? The table cover helps to keep your table free from moist, dirt, dust and other flying things. If your table is placed outside then it will also help protect your table against nature like rain and snow.
Very few tables come with a cover when you buy them. So when you a looking to buy one there are a few things that you need to think to know, I have tried to gather that information in this article to save you some time and hopefully help you.
Are Covers Only for Outdoor Tables?
- Are Covers Only for Outdoor Tables?
- How To Choose The Foosball Table Cover?
- Foosball Table Covers Design
- Picking The Right Material For your Cover
- Price Ranges of Foosball Covers
- List of Covers
- Other Ways to Care for Your Foosball Table
The simple answer is No. A cover is made to protect your foosball table from more than just rain or snow. For indoor table is also helpful to make sure that the playing surface of the table is clean and it less dust will gather. Another thing is the discoloration that can occur from sunlight.
How To Choose The Foosball Table Cover?
First, you have to know what foosball table you have. Also, is the table placed indoor or outside in the weather. Outdoor table requires a more durable cover which usually also has to be waterproof.
Most manufacturers of foosball tables don’t produce covers for every model they make. So make sure that the cover you choose fits your table. Always buy a cover that is slightly bigger than your table, that way it will be easier to fit it over. But if you want to buy a cover specifically made for your table then I would suggest that you take a look online a good place is Amazon.
I have compiled a short list of things you need to think of when you are choosing a cover.
- Size – The size of the cover has to fit too your table. Hint buy one a bit bigger.
- Environment – Think of where your table is placed. Inside/outside and does it have UV-Protection.
- Color – Some covers come in different colors, so keep that in mind.
Foosball Table Covers Design
There are a few cover designs. Below you will find a short description of each.
The Table Cloth Cover
This cover looks like a tablecloth and it covers the top and the sides. This type of cover is a good choice for outdoor tables because it offers better protection from rain and debris.
The Second Cover
This second cover i a smaller cover and it only covers the top frame of the table. It has cutouts for the player rods. If you are considering to buy this type of cover you will have to check the spacing’s between the rods and the cutouts in the cover.
This cover however is a good solution if you can’t find a cover that will fit the bars under the cover.
Picking The Right Material For your Cover
A good foosball cover is made of high-quality material and is lightweight so it is easy to use. It is preferred that you are able to single handed put the cover on the table. Most of the covers are made of polyester or vinyl and are waterproof. But some covers are also made from other materials like Naugahyde are also used. Here is a small list.
- Naugahyde – Imitated Leather
Choosing Outdoor Table Cover
How do you pick the right outdoor foosball table cover? If you have an outdoor foosball table you need to keep it safe from the rain and other debris, then I would suggest that you pick a vinyl cover. Vinyl covers are usually waterproof. But you also have to make sure that the cover has UV-protection if not then the sun rays can discolor your table.
Indoor Table Cover
How do you pick the right indoor foosball table cover? When choosing an indoor cover it doesn’t be waterproof so you can use the Naugahyde. The Naugahyde resembles leather and often has a better look and design than the polyester ones.
Price Ranges of Foosball Covers
When you are comparing prices on covers you also have to keep in mind that different materials and the size of the cover will
When it comes to the price of the foosball table cover, keep in mind that different materials and different sizes will cost differently but picking the right cover will keep your table in the best condition for a long time.
List of Covers
Warrior Foosball Table Cover
Neverland Foosball Table Cover
- 63” x 45.28” x 19.69”
- Lightweight protection
- Stretching elastic hem for stability
- Made from Marine grade polyester
- All weather proof Indoor/Outdoor
- Come with a duffel bag for storage
Shelti Pro Foos II Standard Foosball Table Cover
- 51” x 57” x 17”
- Made out of automotive grade vinyl
- Protects both the rods and the playing surface
- Great for outdoor protection
- Heavy duty
- Cloth backing
- Will fit most foosball tables
CoverMates Foosball Table Cover
- 56” L x 30” W
- Thick commercial vinyl
- Polyester lining for extra stability
- Buckle straps on 4 corners
- 2–year manufacturer warranty
Hathaway 56″ Foosball Table Cover
- 56” x 29” x 5”
- Scalloped edge design for precision fit
- Reinforced edge seam
- Perfect for Hathaway tables
- Nice synthetic leather
NKTM Foosball Table Cover
- 56” x 52” x 15”
- Fit up to 56L x 30W standard foosball tables.
- It’s lightweight
- High quality polyester fabric
- UV protection
- Secure buckle straps
- Come with nylon bag for storage
Garlando Protective Foosball Table Cover
- 60.2” x 52.4” x 31.5”
- Largest with most coverage
- Good for outside
- Specifically designed by Garlando for the G-500 & G-2000 outdoor table models
- Can be used on other model and brand tables for indoor or outdoor use